What If? by Randall Munroe
Item # 9780544272996
Millions of people visit xkcd.com each week to read Randall Munroe’s iconic webcomic. His stick-figure drawings about science, technology, language, and love have an enormous, dedicated following, as do his deeply researched answers to his fans’ strangest questions. What If? by Randall Munroe features new and never-before-answered questions, along with the most popular answers from the website. What If? is an informative feast for xkcd fans and anyone who loves to ponder the hypothetical.
The queries he receives range from merely odd to downright diabolical:
- What if I took a swim in a spent-nuclear-fuel pool?
- Could you build a jetpack using downward-firing machine guns?
- What if a Richter 15 earthquake hit New York City?
- Are fire tornadoes possible?
His responses are masterpieces of clarity and wit, gleefully and accurately explaining everything from the relativistic effects of a baseball pitched at near the speed of light to the many horrible ways you could die while building a periodic table out of all the actual elements.
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; First Edition (September 2, 2014)
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1.2 x 9in
0.0/5.0Review Stats 0 total reviews
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! –