Modern Homesteading by Living the Country Life
$25.00 $12.9948% off
Item # 9781681882338
Learn how to grow your own crops, raise backyard animals, and preserve your bounty for the winter months and beyond with guidance from Modern Homesteading by Living The Country Life. Once upon a time, people had a real connection with the land. Instead of being mere consumers, they were producers and makers. Traditional skills were learned to eliminate a reliance on others, enabling the self-sufficiency that's at the heart of the Do-It-Yourself movement. And this artisanal wisdom was passed on to family and friends.
From the craftsmen at Living the Country Life magazine, this guide will help you rediscover the crucial skills to truly go from farm to table. Whether you live in the country or just want to reconnect with nature in your own backyard, Modern Homesteading provides guidance to:
- Build a chicken coop, raise and care for chicks, and produce farm-fresh eggs for the breakfast table
- Grow your own fruits, vegetables, grains, and herbs for a healthy and delicious bounty
- Preserve and can your favorite fruits and vegetables to enjoy their flavors throughout the year
- Customize your garden for a harmonious mix of plants that yield what you need, when you need it
Whether you're raising urban chickens or feeding your family from a front-yard organic veggie plot, this book can bring a little self-sufficiency into any life.
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Weldon Owen (July 2017)
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 0.5 x 10in
0.0/5.0Review Stats 0 total reviews
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! –